T he Lexington Rodeo is a Family Event
The perfect starting place for Cowboys and Cowgirls to start training!
Mutton Bustin is just enough of a woolly ride to give participants the thrill of being
in the rodeo and ridin'to the cheers of the fans without worrying about taking a
long dirt nap. Get there early every night and sign up for a chance to compete.
Many come. Few are chosen.
Try your luck 'cause it never hurts to enter!
Now, here are the rules:
- Must enter drawing for chance to participate.
- Must weigh 50 lb. or less.
- We furnish helmet and vest.
- Entry books usually close right after grand entry so don't dilly dally.
- 10 names are drawn from all the entries each night for each performance.
- Entrants who's names are drawn to ride must complete a release form.
- Every Mutton Bustin rider gets a trophy!
- One parent or guardian is allowed on the arena floor during event (no siblings).
Also known as kid kaios on the hoof! There's no pre-entry required. Just wear your fastest running shoes and head to the arena floor when the announcer gives instructions.
How it works: Three of the many calves in the arena have ribbons tied on their tail. The kids job is to chase down these young bovines and grab the ribbon. The first 3 to bring a ribbon back to clown wins! Just so everybody gets a chance to play, we have:
Two age groups: 8-10 and 11-13
Pay 3 places: $50.00, $25.00, and $15.00